Sunday, May 4, 2014

Crazyman 2014 the wrap up.

Had a great day out at Crazyman 2014. The last time I did this event was actually 2008........can't believe it had been so long between drinks.

I was there thanks to the enthusiasm of a couple of work mates who were keen to have an old guy in their Team........I must be like a Grandfather figure to them :-)
Luckily I didn't slow them down too much and the Welly Fire Team came 1st in the Corporate Teams Section.
Thanks to Matt Morris (MTB) and Joe Konlechner (run) for twisting my arm.

Note my workmates.......I'm 6ft 3.........and I'm the shortest!.....I must be shrinking eh :-)

Big Thanks to the Wellington Fire Brigade Rec Club and the Wellington Fire Canteen for sponsoring our Teams entry and Welly Paddlers who sponsored our Team shirts.....you didn't see them today they are in transit with New Zealand Couriers :-)

The best part of the day was catching up with all our local paddling mates from the Kupe Canoe Club and the Welly Paddlers "Cold Kiwi Series" group. Also awesome to catch up with Phil Dooney and Aaron Cox who are former World White Water Team Champions and still very handy at multisport.

The smidgen of work we all put in for Martin Van Barneveld worked a treat, thanks to John at Fergs Kayaks Wellington for passing on a miss match in proposed kayak hire, Fergs Kayaks, Think Kayak New Zealand, Welly Paddlers and Chester.....and of course Martin for being a great student.

There are some great photos that Sharlene took and you'll see them on our page shortly on a slideshow right of this page.

In the meantime here's a few photos to wet your appetite.

Also a few photos from Pirate Pete Notman launching his wood laminated SUP at Hataitai Beach on Saturday morning.

Finally Big thanks to Sharlene I've had two busy days working for Think Kayak and Sharlene has been there cleaning up after me foods supply to keep up with the workload has been constant so has the alkl round support work and photos today.

Sharlene had her turn on her ski during the Crazyman.....and yes that is John Toomath trialing the Think Eze and Think Big Eze surf skis.

click on any photo to enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment