Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Weekend just been

Well we had a great weekend after a really busy week. I've been racing around like a blue arsed fly facilitating a few surf ski demos for the Think Kayak Brand and Fergs Kayaks. I do these as another free service that Welly Paddlers provides for our paddling community. Sometimes it's just got very little to with the money...... "You know what I'm saying."

If any one wants to try/buy a surf ski there's a $60 an hour charge and you'll paddle two or three surf skis and be shown how to set them up properly and also I'll show you how they react in a range of conditions...... when I'm on the water with you.
If you buy a surf ski from Fergs Kayaks you'll get the above charge off the price you pay for the ski.

I wear a number of hats to earn a crust, I also work as a Business Development Manager for Think Kayak New Zealand. I started this role mid February, and have another 22.5 months to go, I run their Facebook page also.

Back to the real stuff that you all enjoy reading.... we rolled up to the Porirua Grand Traverse on Sunday, I did the kayak leg.......though I didn't enter...sorry no team... but next year they may run a kayak, surf ski, waka ama and SUP only section?....... as you can enter some individual sections in this event.
Anyway there were about 6 of us that came in all around the same time.......wash hanging is great!
I was really there to provide a surf ski for one of Richard Usshers paddlers, (Bruce Moller from Sydney) I provided Bruce with a fast ski and he was able to keep up with us as we all played really nice :-)

Great to see a number of our Waka Ama other kayaking mates there as well. The results for event will be on the link here at some stage http://poriruagrandtraverse.co.nz/
After the paddle Heather Kirkham and Dan Pringle turned up for an appointment to try out two or three skis each.


Up on Lake Karapiro some of the local Mana Kayak Racing Club paddlers did well at the Marathon Champs on Lake Karapiro.
For an Oceania and NZ Marathon Champs, I didn't see any entries from the Islands or Australia which is typical of some of these ICF outfits who don't help fellow Member Countries out in many ways.

Anyhow our kayaking mate Brad Hayes Organised the event and also paddled just like I do.
click here to view the results http://www.canoeracing.org.nz/home-1/news/archive/2014/nz-marathon-champs. 


O.k last but not least an old crowd favourite the M2C....which ran as the Mountains to Sea in the good old days. A few Wellingtonians went to this one as you do.......again pity the telephone lines don't work between Event Organisers we should have like events so close clashing......we all miss out.
Come on people take your stupid caps off and think of your market and stop looking through a tunnel in your own City.........jeez do us all a favour.
To see the results click here http://www.m2c.kiwi.nz/http://www.m2c.kiwi.nz/ 
You'll also see I'm the guy on the Think surf ski on there website........how could anyone miss that!
Thanks for the free advertising for Think Kayak New Zealand...... and Peps don't forget to LIKE the page I run on facebook..... only if you think it's any good. 
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Think-Kayak-New-Zealand/549291865178105

click on any photo to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment