Friday, April 4, 2014

Spoilt for Choice!

This weekend is a busy one with three awesome events on that I hold dear to me. Well start with the Local one because we have to support local...... aye people :-)

The Porirua Grand Traverse Multisport Event is on this Sunday it's based from the Whititreia Polytechnic I know Dave McKnight, Graham Daniel and Barton Fletcher are representing Waterford Security because we saw them in one of the local papers a few months back :-)
I'll be out there on the surf ski and also bringing out a Think Kayak surf ski for an Australian Competitor.

Today the 3 day M2C (or Mountains to Sea as, the original event was called in the 1990's) starts today from Ohakune and Finishes up in Wanganui on Sunday. for more info http://www.m2c.kiwi.nz/ I think Pete and Tim Sutton from Wellington are both doing this event and probably a few others. I did the old event twice as an individual and also in a Team........both times failed to finish my fault on both occassions not properly prepared, that's probably why I'm now (nearly) the complete opposite and over analyse things on a regular basis. I think it's not wanting myself or other to make the same mistake twice. My motto is "If you make the mistake three times....consider yourself stupid and you'll never learn!

Tomorrow the CRNZ Oceania and National Marathon Kayak Champs take place at Lake Karapiro over two days. The event is being run by Brad Hayes and the Team at Karapiro Kayak Racing Club and it should be a great event on one of my favorite Lakes when I lived in "The Tron" from '86 to '91. I've done around 7 NZ Nationals and also the last one held at Karapiro 7 years ago.......didn't go so well that day either but have placed 5th in the Open one year and come 2 nd or 3rd in the Multisport Masters going back a few years.
The Mana Kayak racing Club will be well represented in this event, I know Brian Grace is paddling and possibly Joern Scherzer? and also a bunch of young experienced and also up and coming paddlers from Mana.
Best wishes to everyone in the Mana Team.........like some of the Think Kayak PhD tee shirts say.......Paddle harder Dammit!  http://www.canoeracing.org.nz/home-1/events/kayak-krazy

No photos today sorry.... you've had more than your fair share of them this week :-)

Over and Out.


No comments:

Post a Comment