Saturday, November 17, 2012

surf ski yesterday SUP today

Surf ski, Friday

Well went out on the Think Uno Max surf ski late Friday afternoon and timed the low tide on Oriental Parade combined with the change up from the still harbour millpond in the morning to the 20 to 30 kmh Northerly.

As usual I was being the regular role model, that I can be sometimes, by kitting the ski out with the leg leash and PFD.............The Harbour Department will be using me in their Water Safety promotional advertising............. I can see it now!

Any how the best I can do for a photo on a surf ski that is just 430 mm wide is this one hander coming back into Hataitai Beach...................I really need one of those smancey video thingies that Glenn Butcher uses "to get all the good wave action". I'll write a letter to Father Christmas right now........ c/- Sharlene of course. Anyhow an hour on the water was just magic and both my Uno Max & Evo II surf skis have been out twice each this week, all good.



Click on any of the photos to enlarge

Chris Brown came all the way into Wellington to support our demo session on Thursday so.................... it was only fair to go and support his, as I would also do for Dave and Glenn.

I didn't get out there till just after 1 pm so I missed pretty much everyone who had gone through already, the weather was much warmer than in Wellington ,it wasn't as windy, and it wasn't raining either!

Anyhow as you know I'm really a surf ski guy but support SUP........... so as I do I supported SUP as I doing kayaking events yet again!

I paddled a Naish 10 footer surf SUP, it was quite different to the last 6 SUP paddles I've had in total on straight line race boards............... the second board was a Naish Malibu type SUP which was reasonably stable.

Last but not least I paddled the Naish 14ft x 25 inch glass board, it was quite nice to paddle just had to improve my footwork and paddle stroke to make this Baby move as it should be paddled with someone more expert on it than I am.................Glenn Butcher has one now too, but I believe his is the really light carbon version.

Naish also make a 14ft x 23 inch board that must be a bit of a needle to paddle.

Chris says on Friday after work they have a "Board Meeting" from around 5 - 5.30pm so this sounds like a good activity to support as well..................they have a beer and a paddle or the other way around..................sounds like my type of meeting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment