Thursday, April 4, 2013

Lead by example.............

From one Season to another pretty much, April is the cross roads, ending the paddling Season and winding down or going into maintenance mode over the winter.

Last year was quite busy, I made sure I supported all the local kayaking events but also got out on the road to support a few that also needed a boost in numbers.

Picton, Waitara, Blenheim, Foxton and Warkworth and even Nelson were places I made an appearance on one of my Think surf skis, sometimes I didn't do that well on the water but at least I was there to make up the numbers.

This Season I'll head down to Dunedin in either August or September for one of the Otago Canoe and
Kayak Club Winter Series events. I'll head back up to Warkworth as I was a bit out of sorts for that event, as 3 days earlier I had a big spill at a Fire in Wellington falling 3 metres down into a basement.

Injuries are part of life, part of the adventure I guess, as much as it's safer on the couch watching that square box in the corner of the room it's boring and the less healthy option to choose.

So to all those people who's events I've supported over the last 12 months, don't forget our the Welly Paddlers Motorway Classic is on in 9 days time!...........Sunday April 14.........view the flyer on the right hand side of the page.

Click on any photo to enlarge - Foxton Loop race 2012, you'll see this set up at Paddling events in 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment