· As soon as you arrive at the Event go and check in at Registration
· PFD’s save lives please wear one.
· The Manawatū River Navigation bylaws apply to all craft on the water -https://www.horizons.govt.nz/flood-emergency-management/river-safety
· The nuts and bolts are :
· Waterways work opposite to roads. Basically on the road you travel on the left.....and on waterways we travel on the right.
· To avoid a head on collision with any other paddle craft or motorboat we always veer off to the right.
· ALL PADDLERS MUST READ ALL THE EVENT DETAIL ON www.wellypaddlers.blogspot.com
· High tide is at 12:10 pm at the Manawatū River mouth
· The weather forecast is for 14 degrees C – Northerly 11 kmh - 20 kmh we may just avoid a few forecast showers (which is Levin’s Forecast) the Palmerston North Forecast light showers don’t arrive until around 2 pm
· Please stay close to the start line 3 minutes prior to your start time
· Give each other plenty of space at the start. Starting on the 2nd , 3rd or 4th row at the start is an advantage as you get to ride some else’s wash !
· Sharlene is on a loud hailer calling start groups up. Each group will get a 2 minute warning - 1 minute warning - 30 seconds - Countdown - 3, 2, 1 - LOUD AIRHORN IS GO
· If you capsize your craft - turn it upright – swim it to the shoreline empty out - get back in and carry on to the finish
· Enjoy, encourage and support your fellow paddlers out on the water
· When you finish, remember to keep clear of other paddlers - once off the water get changed quickly
· We will kick off the Prize giving at 2.40 pm or within 10 minutes of the last Paddler finishing
· Please bear in mind so many people have travelled long distances to get to the Event and have long drives home…….so think of them and move quickly to the Spot prize giving.
· LOCK YOUR VEHICLES – hide all items from public view – This should be done at all Events, it’s about valuing your gear and avoiding the opportunity for it to go missing.
· The Manawatū Coastguard jet skis will be out on the 12 km course monitoring craft
· Chester will be on a surf ski monitoring the short courses
BELOW ARE THE EVENT RUN & START TIMES
10:30 - 12:10 Registration
12:20 - 12 km All Recreational
12:25 - 12 km W 6 & W 12
12:27 - 12 km All V 1, W 1 & W 2 (Female & Male)
12:29 - 12 km Female single / double kayak & surf ski
12:31 - 12 km Male single / double kayak & surf ski
12:33 - 3 km / 6 km All craft