Monday, January 14, 2013

Leading the way

Is it really too rough to paddle on a semi miserable day like today?..............The answer is no.


Wellington today............ 3.30pm overcast drizzle, Northerly 31 kmh gusting to 45 kmh, venue Hataitai Beach / Greta Point area in Evans Bay.

I went to test out the feasibility of paddling a sup on Tuesday at the regular twilight kayak series and I passed with flying colours.

It's all about intelligent paddling and knowing the water and wind angles................basically like anything, if you train on any stretch of water regularly enough you'll know the angles to run better than anyone else, know when to push and know when to back off.

One thing I can say is................... I know how long it takes to do a circuit in strong head and tail winds, and I know the best angles to run upwind............... this information is now too commercially sensitive to reveal...........do your own homework like I do :-)

P.S Thanks Sharlene, for the use of your Fanatic Ray............it hasn't been out for a week, so I don't mind giving it a wash..............both my Starboards will get out on the water in the next day or so.

Tomorrow I'll do the weekly twilight series on one of the Think skis I paddled the Uno Max last week, this week I'll paddle the Evo II?

I actually have a video of todays paddle, just have to get the downloading sequence right.
In the next week or so we'll reduce our webpage size for better viewing on cellphones.

The photo view is downwind looking towards the Coastguard building.

Click on the photo to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment