Saturday, July 18, 2015

Mana CRNZ event cancelled

The Mana Kayak Racing Clubs 10 km series event is cancelled tomorrow due to the strong gusty southerly forecast.....wise decision. MKRC will reschedule this event some time over the coming month or I'll place it on our Event Calendar as soon as I see it pop up.

Today I had intended to pop over and paddle in one of Brian Sanders Ruamahanga River winter series events. The river gauge looked very promising on Thursday and I was outside setting up river rudders set up on both my surf skis. The river gauge at Gladstone quickly dropped back to 10 cumecs which leaves the river a bit boney in places, so in the end I postponed this trip.

The next event on Brian's schedule is August 22 the day before Cold Kiwi Series Event will be touch in go to get all the gear dry for the next day so will likely attend the 28 km Wairarapa Multisport Club Ruamahanga River Race on August 30.....and I might hit the river for a mid week recce before that event.

Aug 9 th Sharlene and I will be heading over to enter of Paddy Rimene's Henley Lake Winter Series events...if all works out that weekend we may well get to the Whanganui Kayak Club's CRNZ 10 km Event on the Whanganui River the day before.

Always plenty of paddling to pass the winter by.

No comments:

Post a Comment