Thursday, October 17, 2013

Like

I don't have a Facebook page, but it was a big "Like" on the water today with our first real day of warm weather, 18 degrees C, and yes...........no booties!

I parked up at my favourite paddling spot in Wellington, Shelly Bay which is just over the hill from home on one side of the Miramar
Peninsula and paddled around to the Seatoun Bays with a 30kmh to 45kmh Northerly which churned parts up quite nicely in both the downwind and upwind legs of my session.

I go turn about with the skis, so it was Evo II day, the ski is slightly wider than my Ion but the weight difference means they can be very similar in some ways as far as time it takes me to get from point a to point b.

Yes I missed another Twilight Series Kayak event the other night........but I'll get there next week. To follow the Series view Mana Kayak Racing Club link on the left of the page.

On Saturday there is a Waka Ama, surf ski, kayak & SUP event on out at Seaview.........Sunday is the alternate day if the weather is not so good. To view details of this event look under Wellington Region
Waka Ama on the left hand side of this page.

This Sunday Ocean Outfitters has event 2 of the Mana SUP Series and it will be a B.O.P Battle of the Paddle format view the OO link under SUP left hand side of the page to check out all the details.

Photos:
1. @ Shelly Bay
2. heading upwind from Shelly Bay towards City
3. Heading downwind to Seatoun Wharf
4. Evans Bay from Shelly Bay looking across to Greta Point/Hataitai Beach.

Click any photo to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment