Wednesday, February 15, 2012

The Great Harbour Way


Yeah sure it looked a bit grey outside, but you never judge a book by it's cover.

Out by the water where you actually see and feel what's going on we had a 25 to 35kmh Southerly from where I set off from at Shelley Bay.

I decided to head upwind for a 10 min warm up then surfed diagonally down Evans Bay then hooked around the corner into Oriental Parade.........yep flatwater but good to put in some technique work and sort my setup out. I headed past Freyberg Beach and around into the Clyde Quay Marina to check out a
workmates yacht. Also funny what you see looking out from across the Harbour into the City, check out the red checkers on the building just to the left of my ski, look to the left of the tall building. The checkers are also clearly visible looking through Freyberg Beach, but probably less visible when you walk the streets in the City.
After exiting the Marina I headed over to the Wharf Police base, I haven't been pulled up by them since an altercation with the Interislander crossing through the Port Shipping Area about 5 years ago, I've learnt my lesson on that one! From there ticky toured into Dockside, though no one threw me a beer when I passed by, then into Fergs Kayaks Wharf Area. Next stop was Frank Kitts Lagoon
  The snap shows the Wharewaka on the left, in the middle the old Odlins Building where the NZX (Gambling Exchange) and also Trade Me are based, then on right the Old Ambulance Station now St Johns bar.

Out of the Marina then over to Chaffers Marina for alook around then back out again past Freyberg beach along Oriental Parade all still in flat water, around the corner into Evans Bay and it's party time...........now a good 2 to 3 km upwind diagonal run across to Shelley Bay and that's another good 70 minute paddle under the belt.






No comments:

Post a Comment