Friday, August 9, 2013

Vaikobi Gear hits Wellington

It been a few months in the making, but it's here now at Fergs Kayaks in Wellington. Vaikobi is an Australian brand that's been marketed towards surf ski paddlers which in turn translates across to waka ama, SUP and kayakers because we're all doing the same thing really.......and that's paddling.

I've just gone for the Vaikobi pants at this stage as I'm looking for the ultimate set of longs for winter paddling which to me means they need to be be good in our coolest of winter days.

Personally I look for gear that keeps you warm while the cool wind and waves are battering you and that the gear also keeps you warm for around 10 to 15 mins while you get your boat on the roof racks and get changed.

I have trialled my purchase yet but will get a good chance tomorrow doing 18 km on the Foxton Loop then during next week I'll get the gear out amongst some waves and see how it goes as above.

First impressions of the pants are that there are a mix of a breathable neoprene type looking fabric mainly on the top half and closer to the ankle area a lighter fabric called hydro fleece. The pants sizings are quite small and while I am generally a large these were really tight, so I've gone for the XL pants which are a nice fit.

To view the full range of Vaikobi gear http://www.vaikobi.com/ 

See you on the start line at Foxton tomorrow.......you can enter on the day from 9.30 am at the Manawatu Boating Club on the Manawatu River Estuary, Hartley Street,  Foxton Beach.

To view some more Vaikobi images and also the Hutchwilco SUP waist belt PFD view https://www.facebook.com/FergsKayaksWellington over the next week.

Click on any photo to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment