Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Thinks have landed

From China by container and boat to Auckland on Thursday last week......and by van and trailer to Wellington today (Wednesday).

Yes the Think surf skis, for those of us in the lower North Island and South Island, made it into Wellington just after midday today. 16 skis came down for customers in Wellington, Nelson and Invercargill who pre ordered.

I had the enviable task of volunteering to bring the load down and get the skis here safely with some very careful driving.......not only was I keen to get some water time on the skis, but all the other dedicated Think Paddlers down this way are also "chomping at the bit" to get their purchases, so
it worked out well for everyone.

It all started yesterday getting on the road at 5 am with a back load of SUP boards and plastic kayaks to Fergs Kayaks in Auckland. I made a diversion through National Park and Pirongia to get to Auckland as the Desert Road was closed due to a big truck accident, I made it to Okahu Bay just after 1.30pm.

This morning back on the Road at the same time, this time through "The Tron" (Hamilton) via Taupo bypass and through the Desert Road this time, and back in Wellington again just after 1.30pm. As far as the trip stats go it was around 650 km both ways.

I'm just leaving my skis bagged up tonight as I have a night shift at work.........tomorrow a bit of unpacking and a quick rudder assembly and I'll be out on the water with Dave McKnight to go for a spin on our latest purchases............should I take the Evo II Ultimate out...........or the Ion Performance.........I dunno, guess I'm now spoilt for choice.

Enjoy your skis boy's......and also girls!

Photos: In Auckland at 5 am this morning - just past Motutere, Taupo - safely home in Miramar, Wellington click on any photo to enlarge.

No comments:

Post a Comment