Friday, January 17, 2014

Over and out on the holiday

The honeymoon is over and it's back to work in a few days............counting down T minus 5 months two weeks till my next leave! I'm back to getting some much needed water time again (it's very therapeutic you see) today I had a great spin on the water, made even better by running into a few people I know.

An easy 20 kmh Northerly took me from Hataitai Beach out to the North Eastern end of the Port of Wellington and around all the T wharves, the Lagoon and Marinas on the way home. I spotted good mate Dave McKnight and his boys at Frank Kitts Park along the waterfront, so had a quick stop there. Dave's boys seemed pretty happy to see me on a surf ski just like their Dad's!

On the way back down Evans Bay I came across our good Waka Ama and SUP mate Tio Leota out on a single, of course he was too quick for my on water photography skills today and blazed past me quickly.

Finally here's some images of Sharlene on her SUP board, and one with Graham Daniel (who's always full of entertainment at events) photos taken immediately after the Welly surf ski TWO last Saturday. The other photos are those that Sharlene took on Saturday............and there's Dave and his boys.......and Andrew Carey (buff chested)

That's it for week three of January 2014...............to all our Welly mates enjoy the day off on Monday it's Wellington Anniversary weekend!

Over the next handful of days Ocean Outfitters are holding a down wind SUP event on Sunday https://www.facebook.com/OceanOutfitters.co.nz


Kupe Canoe Club are holding their regular Tuesday night Kayaking gigs which are open to Kayaks, Waka Ama, SUP's and surf skis http://kupe.org.nz/summer-racing-2013/ 

Show your colours.......if you'd like a Welly Paddlers tee, long sleeve singlet or hoodie go to www.ascolour.co.nz  and view the colours styles and sizes or go into the AS colour shop in lower Cuba Street, Wellington.
tees approx $30 hoodies, approx $55 (printed)
e-mail me back with your preferences by Jan 24 and your order will be ready in around 10 days.

Click on any photo to enlarge


No comments:

Post a Comment