Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Millpond one day.......... nice wind again the next

Some might say I had my paddling days back to front yesterday and today.

Yesterday it was as flat as a pancake on the Harbour and I'm out on my surf ski.

Today a 33kmh Southerly gusting to 50kmh................guess what I took the SUP out today!

Yes Crazy Wellington, may have wind, by the bucket load most of the time but with this our geography of bays and contoured hillsides gives us plenty of shelter as well..............to start with...........then once you've warmed up it's right into some nice swells.

I didn't take the camera out today as it was fairly drizzly plus I'm not taking too many photos while I'm running the swells.

Here's a few snaps from yesterday some Fishermen hooking Kawhai flat out at Point Jerningham and the view across to Kilbirnie ASB Centre home to Wellington Sports Med and the home of SPARC'S High Performance Sport New Zealand Facility. For any Sports buffs caught Kenny Mc Fadden running some drills with 7 foot NBA draft Basketballer Steven Adams, while passing through to WSM yesterday.

Click on any photo to enlarge

Tomorrow out on the water on the ski to cram some time in so I can get around the Tai Tonga 41 Outrigger Canoe Clubs Evans Bay marathon on Saturday. I'm doing the 10km which is the longest distance for the event. Check out www.hoetonga.co.nz for more details.

No comments:

Post a Comment