Thursday, July 5, 2012

Change of scenery

I took a paddling detour today from my hallowed paddling ground of Wellingtons Eastern suburbs to venture out to the Porirua Harbour Pauatahanui Estuary Area.

I started off by the bridge at Mana entering on the Pautahanui Estuary, which by the way, is the best place to start and finish in a coldish southerly like today.
I did a 14 km loop into Browns Bay back under the bridge and along the Western Shoreline of the Poirua Harbour, along Titahi Bay Road to Whitireia back along the eastern shoreline of the Harbour then back to the bridge. It was about 3 hours off full low tide today when I started with a good little southeasterly and the enjoyment of the shallow water levels......great resistance training.

Gear back on the car and an easy 30 minute drive back to Wellington with the heater on of course!
Click on any of the photos to enlarge them as a group.

No comments:

Post a Comment