Friday, March 9, 2012

It's Friday and I get Saturday off as well!

Yep I get it all the time are you off work again! Well it looks that way, the hours are a bit crazy at times, and I can tell you after 20 plus years of night shifts, I'm a bit over them to tell you the truth. This is how it works most weeks, while you guys are at work, I'm out on the water, when you are on the water or at home, I'm at work!
Hey what a relief that we can still get out on the water, it's the best place to be to get away from it all, sure you can go mountainbiking, cycling or running , but out on the water there's way less traffic to manouevre around and it's very therapeutic.

On my surf ski there isn't a day when I can say, too cold or too windy because I've got the right equipment and clothing to do the job (yep a handy paddling wardrobe) and 1 ski is enough for me!

Today I  had an easy 25 to 35kmh south easterly and the loan of a Think Uno Max surf ski courtesy of Fergs Kayaks. The Uno Max is only 425mm wide compared to the 465mm width of my Evo II so it's skates along a damned site quicker. Today I did a circuit of the Kupe Canoe Club Summer Series southerly course, along Cobham drive and then shot around to Freyberg beach then back to Greta Point.  I spent 1hr 20mins on the water today, very nice out there. 

I'll have the Uno Max at the Kupe Summer Series on Tuesday night and I will more than likely, paddle it, before and after the race it will be available for others to try it out also.
Photos: Think Uno Max at Hataitai Beach and a shot of some kayakers about to head off from Freyberg Beach. (click on to enlarge) 

No comments:

Post a Comment